Het Klankenbos is always open and free of charge.
Provincial Domain Dommelhof
Het Klankenbos is a museum without a beginning or an end. Through the various entrances, you can determine your own route.
It is advisable though to start at Het Klankenbos info point.
Questions about Het Klankenbos?
Contact Musica by phone on 003211610510 or at email@example.com.
Office hours (Monday to Friday):
from 9:00 to 12:00 a.m. and from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Het Klankenbos digital info point is located in the sound installation Radio Forest, behind the Musica office, that is indicated by signs.
The info point is accessible daily from 8.00 until 18.00.
Download your own map for your visit to Het Klankenbos here.
Het Klankenbos is a part of Provincial Domain Dommelhof, Toekomstlaan 5 in the town of Pelt (BE).
- From Antwerp (BE): Take the E 313 (direction Hasselt – Luik) – Exit at junction n. 23 (Geel-Mol-Westerlo) – Carry on via Mol, Lommel, Pelt (N71).
- From Brussels – Leuven (BE): Take the E314 (direction Aachen) – Exit at junction n. 29 Houthalen – Carry on via the N74 Helchteren, Hechtel, Eksel, Pelt.
- From Eindhoven (NL): Follow the N74 Valkenswaard, Lommel, Pelt.
- From Weert – Roermond (NL): Head for Bocholt (N74) along the Zuid-Willemsvaart), Hamont, Pelt.
There are several entrances with parking facilities at the following streets:
Near these two main entrances you will find signposts with a map of Het Klankenbos that indicates the location of the sound installations.
By public transport
See www.nmbs.be (train) or www.delijn.be (bus) for time tables from and to Pelt. Het Klankenbos is a 20 minute walk from the train station of Pelt (+32 (0)11 29 69 50). Follow the Stationstraat and reach the centre of Pelt. On the Marktplein follow the Hoekstraat that goes over in the Toekomstlaan at the crossing with the Fabriekstraat. Het Klankenbos is at the left side (50 meters further on).
Het Klankenbos is a forest, the surface is mostly unpaved.
Het Klankenbos is accessible to wheelchair users (including electric ones), if accompanied.
- The installations Oor van Noach, Wind Zylinder, Het Geheim van Horst, Houses of Sound, Konversation, Springtime in a Small Town, Composed Nature and Xylibraphon are easily accessible (along a tarmac path or compacted earth track).
- The installations Radio Forest, Scaffolded Sound Beehive, Aandacht, Tacet, Chaise Résonnante, Doors of Listening, Windribbon and Oorsprong are less accessible (over grass or via a path with wood-chip surface).
- Installation SchwungBumm is difficult to access (sand and grass).
Cycling is not permitted in Het Klankenbos.
Dogs are allowed on a leash.